Monday, July 1, 2013

Poolside with Cullen

On Saturday we went to the Saskatoon Farm just outside Okotoks, about 30 minutes south. The restaurant there was packed and the heat and lack of ac meant trying another spot in Okotoks. Cullen was fun throughout lunch and we kept him amused on the drive home.

When we got home Cullen took a nap and then Mike pumped up his pool and he went for a dip. He was shaking a bit after half an hour but didn't want to come inside. Check Sal's Facebook page for a video.

This morning I went on a long ride. Along the way I zipped by a couple of kids and three adults on the side of the road selling lemonade, cookies and some yard sale type goods in support of flood relief. I did a slow u-turn and gave the little boy the change I had. I talked to them a bit as I enjoyed some overly sweet $6 lemonade. They had collected $800 on Saturday and had three pickup trucks with of goods donated. Wow.

Sal and I went downtown this afternoon and both found cycling shirts. I found an aero press coffee maker and we had an amazing dim sum feast. The dumplings and other goodies were easily double the size of those we see at home and the price was slightly less. Much of China town is still closed but all of the roads are now open in Calgary.

Supper tonight was some very good chicken sausage. Cullen went for another swim and then we retired to the cool basement to relax. We decided to go to Banff on Tuesday and booked a room for a night. I hope to get to ride somewhere out there. Many of the trails are closed but the road rides should be good. For June I topped 700 km and now have to face the decision whether to leave Bonnie in Calgary as planned. I have enjoyed riding her quite a bit.






posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment