Monday, July 15, 2013

People Can't Be This Stupid

I rode over to the Westfort diamonds on Saturday to drop a cheque and take in a couple innings of the All-Star tournament. Our guys won with a grand slam in the top of the 6th, nice.

On the way back down Walsh I came across 6 cars parked all over the bike lane for what looked like a birthday party, 'no parking' signs all over them. Across the street there was parking available for almost all of them, which you can see in the picture below.

I don't think is stupidity, I think they all just said "bike lanes, who cares". I sent a picture to the guy at the city and he said to call the police next time and they would come and ticket them all, somehow I doubt that.

With the room left for parking on one side the lane on the left was not wide enough for a car and a bike to share. It is just after one of the hydro towers so a car coming around there would not see me in the middle of the lane until he was right on me.

parking is ok on the right side against the curb 

No comments:

Post a Comment