Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Last Day in Cowtown

Friday, Mike and Mel treated us to lunch at Cibo, a great modern Italian restaurant. It took nearly an hour to get there with the traffic on 17th Street. Once we were seated Cullen was looking around and behaving very well. After another half hour there he got restless and we took turns walking him around and letting him explore.

Mike and I went for a last bike ride to the Bow River Pathway to check on the level of the river. About 10 minutes from home I heard a 'pop' and stopped to check it out. It sounded like another flat but both tires were still hard. I spun the front wheel and the rim was hitting the brake pad on one side. Broken spoke, something I could fix if not for the timing. I released the brake and we started back but then decided that even with the rim wobbling a bit I could ride so we continued. The level of the water was down a bit more, but more heavy rain hit later in the weekend and closed some roads again. We did about 20 km and limped home. At least it didn't happen in Banff.

The rest of the day was spent packing and playing with Cullen. We're sure going to miss seeing him every day.

Cullen checking out the waitress
Nanny making Cullen laugh
or is it the other way around?


Cullen and me hamming it up
last ride with Bonnie, over the Bow River

No comments:

Post a Comment