Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Relaxing Day

My first full day in Calgary was a relaxing one. I read for a bit and then went for coffee and to watch Cullen have breakfast. Mike went to help a teacher at his school with flood damage so I went for a ride. With most of the trail system either under water or too close to it. So I mapped out a quick route through 5 of the small communities close by. My first lap was exploratory and once that was done I did another, Bonnie is fun to ride only when I can let her go a bit and not stopping and starting. Riding here makes you feel like a king as drivers are almost over cautious with bikes and pedestrians. They give you time and room like nowhere else, for an Ontario boy it is an adjustment to trust them.
After a shower Sal and I went to Ikea for some ideas to complete the work at home. I took pictures to relate back to when we return before heading home. We did get Cullen a little Poang chair to match the others in the  living room. We shared a huge burrito and then went for groceries.
Cullen loved the chair and smiles whenever he sits in it. We made salad, burgers and corn on the cob for supper and then just watched some hockey and relaxed.


posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment