Friday, May 31, 2013

Ginko's First Free Ride

I texted Jen to see what Brandyn was up to, he was trying to ride his bike in the back yard....hmmm would he like to go for a ride. Ten minutes later we were heading over to the school yard. I made him follow me around some obstacles to see if he had enough control to go further and he seemed pretty stable. We walked across Simpson and rode all the way south on Hardistry to the Kam River Park and then along the boardwalk. Round trip was about 5 km. As we approached the house it started to rain. I got him to the door and took off trying to keep one hand over my cell phone while shifting and braking with the other. And it came down. I was totally soaked but happier than he** that I have someone to ride with and show how much fun two wheels can be. It might even be better than Minecraft but we'll let him decide that one. Next time the bike paths or the tree farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment