Saturday, May 25, 2013

Success

I picked up Brandyn today with a single objective, he was going to ride a bike today.
We went to Petrie's and he totally clammed up. Wouldn't even tell Farz how old he was. I got him to say he liked a bmx bike but Farz found a good used Marin mountain bike that fit him. Off we went with a helmet for him and high hopes for me. I still had serious doubts.
Farz said start him on grass. So I headed to the road inside the golf course. We found a spot and we got set. I held the seat for maybe 5 steps then put my hand on his back for another 5. I let go and told him he was riding as he pedaled off. He had some trouble stopping and banged various parts a few times but never fell. We came home, made some adjustments and went to Vickers park with Bonnie on the back of the car. He had trouble so we came back and dropped Sharon (the name he selected) off and came here to work. He helped load the car with scrap from the bathroom destruction as I removed nails and cut boards to size. I hope the afternoon will be as memorable for him as it was for me.
It was so easy I think I might have been played. The little so and so was just waiting for a new ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment