Thursday, August 4, 2011

Setback

I was all ready to get back to reality until last Saturday. Mike and I were going out to Lakeshore Drive on the bikes. I decided Jill needed a ride as she has only been out for one ride all year. I pumped the tires, moved the seat post over and took her outside. As I turned to come inside it came back. Sciatica grabbed my right leg from my hip to my knee and would not let go.
After standing through a family breakfast on Sunday I wrongly thought I could ride over and watch the boys play some tennis. I made it but couldn't even stand. I paddled and walked home. Jill was just not going to go for a ride.
Every night this week has been hell. Minimal sleep. Hot. Painful. Unlike the two months with sciatica that had all but ended, the pain was not controllable. Used to be if I stood for a few minutes it would subside. This week I've spent so much time standing that my feet are sore. Worst of all riding is painful. Sitting in the car is torture. I've been reduced to walking to work, I don't mind walking in the winter but not when it's 32.
I go for my first visit to a chiropractor tomorrow morning, I just hope relief is in sight. I was considering canceling the mri. Now I'll just do whatever I need to do to get back on track.
Mike just called as they pulled back into Calgary safely. It was great to see them. Wish I had been able to go for a few more rides with him, maybe next year. Sure is hard to think that we won't see them got that long again.

No comments:

Post a Comment