Sunday, August 28, 2011

Let's Ride

As I was getting into 'where do I want to go' mode Sal asked if I wanted to go for a ride. It would be her first of the year, my fault not hers. So we headed out at about 11am under sunny skies and a perfect temperature. Around to the bike path, through Chapples Golf course and I was heading for Tims but she suggested the Burger Barn. That would involve some street riding but if she was game then why not. We were able to ride the bike lanes for about 50% of the way and being Sunday morning the traffic was minimal. We stopped and had a burger, made an appearance at Petrie's and then home, just over 12 km.  Still taking it easy.

I joked that I finally saw someone else riding the lanes. I took the new Victoria Ave. lane and Walsh St. yesterday and the only guy I saw on a bike was on the sidewalk. A beautiful Saturday afternoon and nobody riding. Shame. With the new lanes you can actually get around the south end of town. I can't imagine why the city is painting lines in late August but if this continues the lanes may prove useful. We saw a couple ride by as we had lunch, the traffic doubled in an instant.

Farzam said Sal had to take care of Felix as the Cafe line is the toughest to buy. So she had him professionally cleaned and lubed when we got home. I wonder how she happened upon a bike cleaner right here in the wilds of Wiley St.

No comments:

Post a Comment