Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday Morning Hope

6 am. I wake up and see my new longest night of sciatic sleep revealed by the clock of our cable box at the foot of the bed. There's something missing. I remove my apnea mask and wrist braces. I'm stiff from not moving in 7 hours. I decide to get up and slowly make my way to vertical. Something is still missing. I gingerly make the descent of the stairs. As I get into the shower it dawns on me, that didn't hurt.

I shower away the stiffness and the pain is still absent. I bend to pick up a towel and it's there but just a sip of what it has been for weeks. I make coffee and sit to check email, read news and write this. I get up after about 15 minutes and still only a trace.

Since asking the chiropractor about piriformis he has added several stretches for that muscle to our sessions. It is great when someone takes your concern and research efforts seriously. Brandyn sat in on yesterdays session and smiled through my ordeal.

Or maybe it was the secret ride around the block on Eyowen that I took after cutting the lawn last night. I had walked home from work, had supper and a short nap but forced myself to push the old human powered mower for half an hour. My leg felt good so I took Eyowen out and down the back lane and then round the block. Felt no worse but decided to stop and not risk it.

I truly hope this is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment