Monday, September 2, 2013

Too Good to Pass Up

after adding a few parts from stock
Early in August I was talking with long time friend Terry about what kind of bike he might get. I suggested a steel frame with bigger tires for a comfy ride that would be dependable. My daily perusing of kijiji brought me to an 80's GT mountain bike that I sent to him as an example of what is out there. It was listed at $75 and I decided to take a look.
I brought her home after seeing the near perfect, super clean shape she was in. She sat in the basement for a bit and I thought of making a few updates with parts I have and selling her.
This weekend I moved her brakes over to Eyowen who is back in service after being welded by nephew Chris. They suit the fenders much better. The v-brakes from Eyowen ended up on the as yet unnamed GT. I straightened the front wheel and she was ready to try out. A shorter stem and shortening of the bars, upgraded saddle and tires and she's ready for tomorrow's commute without spending an extra dime. Just have to think of a name and no, teal is not my color.
as she was

No comments:

Post a Comment