Monday, September 23, 2013

End of an Era

I just finished a book in three days, a rarity especially at this time of year. Khalid Hosseini's 'The Kite Runner' was one of the most moving books I've ever read. I woke up at 5:30 on Sunday morning and planned to read just long enough to fall back to sleep. I got no more sleep. I read and read, and only closed my eyes after the book was done. Even then what I had read kept me awake. I won't spoil it for anyone who wants a great read but it takes place in the turmoil of Afghanistan from the time of the Russian invasion through 9-11 but is not about terrorists.
We've been going to the Dodgers playoff games, even the last two when AJ was in Calgary. It looks like he may be moving out west and sadly this might be the last we see of his baseball career. He has played since he was 5, so for more than 20 years we have enjoyed his love of the game. Hopefully the Dodgers can defend their title so he can put one more championship in his pocket.
Hockey is a mess right now. I have 5 1/2 teams registered. I need to settle on whether to keep going for our normal sixth team. Kids register and then another quits. One step forward and then two back, it's very frustrating to say the least. It will work out eventually I hope. I'd much rather be out riding than dealing with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment