Monday, September 30, 2013

September Wrap

I surprised myself with 750km in a busy month. Lisbeth is off the road as of this morning. I moved the lights to the GT and have decided to use it for commuting until the snow falls. I am really looking for a road bike as that is the type of riding that is my interest now and my weight allows me to ride a skinnier bike. Lisbeth may have to be sold to get a top end bike, not sure how that will go over around here. She was supposed to be my dream bike but I was a lot heavier then. The evil Farzam showed me the BMC gran fondo gf 02, a new smooth riding road bike that would fill my needs, comfy but fast. He always knows how to throw temptation my way in the form of a beautiful bike. Evil, evil man.
I did a 50km ride Saturday and despite a strong wind I had a great two hours on Bonnie. She rolls so smoothly and I have finally learned how to climb. I am zipping up hills that used to leave me winded and barely moving. It was tough to be at the rink and in the college Sunday when I really would rather have been out on a bike, any bike.
I spent two hours on a coaches meeting for the 64 teams in LMHL Sunday afternoon. Before we were even off the stage I got email from a team that was not present asking questions that had just been answered. Frustrating to say the least. Meanwhile back at the Gardens 7 kids out of a group of 20 showed for the hour of free power skating instruction. Free to them but at $135 for the ice and $150 for the instructors it's not free to the league. More frustration. It would have taken 100 km to cool me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment