Saturday, March 7, 2015

Most Important Bike Ever

Scrolling through my dropbox this morning I came across the bike that was probably the most important one I have purchased. Yes it was a piece of crap, yes it weighed more than 3 of my current rides. But it was also the bike that I took the plunge with, finding the one thing that would help me change.

From my first 'long' ride of a whopping 12km to the marina to my test run of 20km to see if I could make the ride all the way to camp. I managed that ride totally unaware of how bad that bike was. A few weeks later I was in the Conquer the Dog and it's true colours came shining through when parts literally started falling off. But I had dropped more than 50 lbs.

Later that same day old crappy was back at Canadian Tire, I had a real bike and a new friend in Farzam. Had I never taken the plunge and bought that tank, I'd probably still be 330lbs. plus, or worse.

ol' crappy...decorated for my birthday
don't try that with any of the current fleet please

No comments:

Post a Comment