Friday, March 6, 2015

Last Game


My last game behind the bench for the IG Leafs was a 4-0 win for the trophy with my name on it. The Flyers were down 4 players and we were missing 2 (little guy without a helmet was too tired to play but not to eat a cupcake or get in the picture).  I'm glad it's over, it was a strange group of kids, they just never seemed to gel. One game they would dominate and the next they would look totally lost. Practices were never very well attended so it was tough to work on any structure. 

I made three trips around the rink during the game, one for a forgotten neck guard and two potty runs. Guess the kids were nervous.

It was tough to go behind the bench and be president. At one point I had to correct a ref, taking one of the first place team's players out of the penalty box and putting ours in. We would play 5-3 when we were short and people wondered what the heck we were doing. Just playing fair. If we are missing our youngest and weakest is it fair to replace him with a kid 4 years older even if the rules allow? Playing it straight never cost us. I'll stick to the other side of the rink from now on.

February saw me get to 10 lbs. lost, 130 km on the trainer and 73 walking. Hopefully the weather will allow some riding off the trainer, and soon.

I'm wishing I was in Louisville Kentucky this weekend for the North American Handmade Bike Show. The bike websites will be full of galleries of all the custom built beauties but one of these years I'd love to see them in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment