Thursday, March 19, 2015

I Hate Cars

No, not for the reasons that probably came quickly to mind, that would be a hate of drivers. Just as guns don't kill anyone without being aimed by the human eye, cars don't knock cyclists into the weeds without the distracted texting while steering with his knees idiot behind the wheel.

 I hate the physical four wheeled money sucking beasts that we are all so dependent upon. We just spent a little over $2000 for a head job on the Subaru, a car that in the 6 years we have had it has been super reliable. the dealer gave us a good deal on the repairs but still...

If it was just me, I would probably go without a car altogether and just rent one when I had to. Save all that insurance and maintenance cost towards the rentals and come out way ahead. But the reality is that we still need it.

Work on the head is well above my mechanical skills, tools and knowledge. Plus I have no garage to work from.  $2000 would have gone a long way towards so many things. A new fence, new countertops, new furniture and the list goes on without even conferring with the main driver of our abode.

And even more depressing, it could have been...
the Van Dessell 'Whisky Tango Foxtrot'
  or
The Surly 'Moonlander'

or most depressing, this with lots of change
the Marinoni 'Retro SL' 4oth anniversary frame


No comments:

Post a Comment