Friday, January 16, 2015

Progress, Slow

Progress on the 30 lbs. I want to drop was very slow early in the month. I just couldn't shake the urges pulling me to the kitchen. Finally this week I have seen consistent small drops thanks tuning out the voices from the fridge, 4km of walking to work and 10km on the trainer just abut every day. I haven't been driven to work yet this year.

While everyone here in Ontario seems to think lower gas prices are just peachy, I fear what this will bring to Alberta and more specifically Calgary. Companies are already cutting and the prices just keep dropping. I think this is Mr. Obama's work, a sure way to bring Putin into line. The Russian economy is even more dependent on selling oil than Alberta. Personally it doesn't make much of a dent either way as we only use a couple of tanks of gas a month.

I'm not surprised by Target's demise in Canada. I am surprised that a company of that size and stature could make such a blunder. If they spent 'only' a million on each store in Canada to renovate and relabel, they just dumped $130 million plus the $70 they are setting up for employees in addition to whatever they poured down the drain while they stumbled through two years. How did they so terribly misread the market? We all wanted Target, that's not what they brought.

No comments:

Post a Comment