Saturday, January 2, 2016

On To the New Year

Another year come and gone. It's cliche to say that they fly by, but they do. Some days seem to last forever and then it's Christmas.

The holiday season was mostly quiet for us, a few meals with the kids and lots of quiet evenings. It's never the same when the little ones aren't around. Hopefully we can get to Calgary for Christmas before the magic is gone for Cullen and Campbell.

I've decided to try and throw some effort into writing and photography in the coming year. I haven't given up riding my bikes, they will take me to places where I can explore the other hobbies. For 2015 I finished with a lazy December and came up short of my 6000 km goal at 5931. Not bad but I just didn't find the energy to ride the trainer late in the month. I started the new year with 11 km yesterday. I added a chromecast to the mix so I can watch Netflix on a full sized tv while I pedal. Nothing replaces riding outside, but it's much safer.

My desk is a cluttered mess of 50-50 tickets, receipts, game sheets and other odds and ends. Time to clean up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment