Monday, February 9, 2015

Marinoni Mondays


A cycling blog I follow daily has lots of great posts but Merckx Mondays is one of my favourite regular features. Art, posters, t-shirts, bike galleries, memorabilia and articles about one of history's greatest cyclists, Eddie Merckx (whose career I totally missed), are always interesting.

Here is my version featuring my personal favourite bike builder and racer, Giuseppe Marinoni. In October 2012 he set the hour record for the 75-79 age group at 35.728 km. He rode a bike that he had built in 1978 for Jocelyn Lovell, who pedaled it to three gold medals at the Commonwealth games and a silver at the world championships. Click here for the entire story from Canadian Cycling. His record is the subject of the documentary 'Fire in the Frame'. View the trailer below. I've been talking to the film maker about getting a screening here in Thunder Bay.





No comments:

Post a Comment