Thursday, February 19, 2015

Back At It

After a week (of feeling blah) off the trainer I finally hopped on for an interrupted 12km last night. With the chilly temps we're braving this month riding outside is most likely not going to happen for some time so the trainer will have to do.

I started pulling parts off of Sophia with thoughts of a new coat of paint in mind. Marinoni will still repaint their old products if you send them a bare frame. Taking the front fork off proved to be a three day ordeal involving penetrating oil into the open ends of the nearly thirty year old frame. It was at this point that I started to rethink sending her away.

Northwood had a poorly attended parent meeting on Tuesday but the discussion was great. Most of the conversation revolved around the further expansion of the league. Some want to see the quality maintained rather than stretching for quantity. Others want to offer the program to as many kids as possible. We got a great review from an HNO board member with a son in the league. Myself I would love to see the league grow and prove that what we are doing is what many people are looking for. BUT and it is a huge but, I just don't think there is the level of commitment from people to make it happen. I am not going to extend my time at the rink beyond the 6 hours I regularly spend now. Brandyn has only 2 years left in the league so my main reason for carrying on this long is going to be moving on and maybe it's time for me to do the same or at least cut back. Seems like I've said that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment