Thursday, August 1, 2013

July

I managed just 600 km in July, down a bit from June. On the positive side 400 of those km were singlespeed on Molly. I have come to love riding her. My legs feel great as a result. I hope to do at least one long ride this weekend so I pulled Bonnie out of the basement yesterday and again today to get reacquainted. It's hard to remember that I have gears, never mind shifting. After riding up and down Victoria Ave. on her unforgiving stiff frame and high pressure tires I have a new found respect for the riders that do the Paris-Roubaix. Riding a day on cobblestones has got to be murder.

For anyone interested in a simple explanation of the the tour or any stage race, see the video below. For a laugh check the link for the Norwegian share the road ad.
riding the cobblestones, just marginally rougher than Victoria Ave.












Tour de France video
Norwegian Share the Road ad

No comments:

Post a Comment