Monday, August 19, 2013

Old Bike and New Shorts

While walking at Marina Park on Friday night I came across this Iverson bike. Back in high school I saved somewhere around $125 to buy one. Later it was borrowed to one of the cooks at the curling club to ride to English classes and was stolen. Seeing it brought back some memories.

It's a real shame that there is such a lack of vendors at the Marina. You can't get a simple cup of coffee or an ice cream. It's a beautiful place to walk but people want to spend money and there just isn't much of an opportunity to do that. Wasn't that the whole idea?

I got in two longish rides this weekend and that gave me a chance to try out the new Hincapie shorts I found at Winner's for $16. They were originally $109 and are super comfy. Sal had to convince me to try the only pair in the store on, and I'm grateful for her suggestion, best $16 ever spent.

As I came back into town on Arthur Street I came upon a dark lump on the shoulder. It was resting just on the edge of the thin strip of good pavement so I moved a bit right onto the rougher shoulder. When I was within 6 feet it started moving into my path. Thank God porcupines are slow moving creatures or I might have found a whole new way to get a flat.
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment