Friday, January 4, 2013

Losing It

After months of heading back towards the dark side of my weight issues I finally decided New Year's would be a great time to get things in order. I found an app that provides a program to 'Lose It.'

You start by putting in your age, weight, goals and how much you want to try and lose each week. The program then calculates a calorie intake that will help get you to your goal. I started with 2163 calories allowed per day and a goal of 2 lbs. per week, the maximum loss the program allows. A database of foods is included or you can enter recipes, ingredients, custom food (Canadian) or scan barcodes with a barcode scanner which I have on the phone. It has been 100% accurate with the packages I've scanned. You also enter any exercise and get extra calories back by burning some.

I started walking a mile on the 1st and have done so daily, getting 3 in yesterday. I normally only weigh myself once a week but the program kept reminding me to enter my weight so I finally gave up and punched in my 1.8 lb loss. When I logged my breakfast it had already reduced my daily allowance by 12 calories and after walking to work I was rewarded with 2 less calorie credits for the same effort. Ouch.

There is a linked website with a lot of other components. Badges for accomplishments, reports, forums and facebook links but the basics are all I'm looking for.   

I know it's only day 4 but I feel better already. Here's a couple of screenshots from my phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment