Monday, January 28, 2013

20 and Counting

This morning's weigh-in saw me down 20 pounds since January 1st. What's better than the news from the scale is that my clothes are starting to fit much  more comfortably. I've only had a few lapses where cravings had me wandering to the kitchen but I've stuck to 60 calorie pudding, carrots, crackers and 100 calorie bags of popcorn. I'm finally walking at full speed. I really wish the weather would stay a little cooler than this morning. Walking in a wet mist on packed snow that is crumbling underfoot is tough on the hips.

Northwood playoffs kicked off yesterday with the last place team in the regular season dumping the first place squad 4-0. Brandyn's fifth place Leafs team tied 0-0 with the second place team and a 2-1 nailbiter closed the day. This could be the closest playoffs we've ever had.

I finally had some time to go out with my camera and try to take some pictures. Other than a quick run to Mission Marsh without even cracking open the manual and a couple of hockey team pictures it hasn't left the case. I dropped Sal at work and headed out towards highway 130. I was thinking some farmland with the Norwesters in the background as the sun went down might be interesting. But the farther I got the less promising the sun was. It started into some clouds and the western horizon was heavily overcast. I have trouble 'seeing' what's around me. I always wish I was in Banff or somewhere more photogenic than Thunder Bay. I'm strying to train myself to see past the familiarity of everthing and appreciate it. And then the sun goes out an hour before sundown and everything just goes flat. Patience is something I have to learn as well. I took 4 shots in 2-1/2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment