Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Dedicated To Letdown

The Blue Jays managed to lose another game last night, or rather this morning. When they got their young closer in the game with a 1 run lead in the 9th I though they had sealed the deal, nope. His streak of 22 straight saves ended when the Bosox tied the game with a fluky bunt over the head of Donaldson and a couple of singles. At somewhere around 1AM, they lost to a walk off homer.

In all honesty I would sooner watch a good baseball game, whether pros or kids, than any other sport. The pace is slow at times but the twists and turns that take place during a tight battle and the skill of the players keep me dedicated.

I can't imagine being a Leafs fan through all of their tough years, the Jays are killing me. They remind me of golfing, they never seem to have all facets of the game working. When you are putting like Jack, you can't find the fairway. When they get a good start from their pitching staff, they can't buy a hit. I think it's time to face the music and look to the future, this year is lost.

Just one more request, if you have to lose, please do it in 9 innings.


1 comment:

  1. Better game tonight, 5-0 in the 4th. At least I can let this one go and do something else.

    ReplyDelete