Monday, May 11, 2015

Old Stuff

I can hear the boys as clearly as if they weren't a two day drive away, "You bought a what? Why?"

Yes I bought another old school tool, a Weber charcoal barbeque. And it's awesome. And all the kidding about old stuff I will just shrug off, they just don't get it. Just like my push mower, my 1974 single speed bike and a host of other things they see as 'out there'.

After years with propane I got tired of replacing tanks because the valves were 'out of date', at least three times over the life of the barbeque. I got tired of burners so cheap that they last maybe a year. The hot spot on the most recent burner (second rebuild) was big enough to cook one burger so when tasked with cooking four it meant constant rotation over the miniscule spot that actually worked. With charcoal the entire 'burner' is replaced every time. But it takes to long to heat the charcoal they will say, get a chimney and the charcoal is ready to go in 15-20 minutes.

Last night I grilled some chicken and it was juicy and very tasty, no fuss no muss. Just add fries, salad and a glass of Famous Grouse.

I culled one bike from the quiver over the weekend, Bonnie went for full asking price. I haven't ridden her since the Marinoni has been built so it was time to make more room in the garage.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment