Friday, May 22, 2015

Head Tunes

I ride alone, no one to worry about, no set route to follow, no catering to someone else’s busy life, just me, a bike and a helmet full of random thoughts, but irritatingly often those quiet times are intruded upon by the dreaded head-tunes.

If a familiar old Led Zep number creeps into my conscious all is good, this old guy knows all of Robert’s lyrics and the notes of every one of Jimmy’s searing solos, so the entire tune can play out and my rambling thoughts can continue, but when some odd snippet of music worms its way in because I found it catchy, yesterday, but I don’t really know it, it plays endlessly, over and over, effectively jamming my thinking. An upbeat melody that motivates is great but imagine Pavarotti sneaking in with Nessun Dorma when you’re a Zeppelin fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment