Thursday, April 25, 2013

R.I.P. Eyowen


My first ride without gloves and a toque in 2013 turned out to be the last for Eyowen. There's been a crack in the frame for a while and I cold welded it twice buying another six months or so but today it went through as seen in the picture.
She was the first bike I built from the frame up. She's done a ton of miles and although she does nothing really well, she does everything. I'll transfer the parts to another frame but probably won't find another to take the abuse of winter and rainstorms as well.
From the epic 80km ride in Calgary to daily slogging through slush to work and back, she's been there and done that. She traveled all the way to Vancouver Island and hasn't ever let me down
I can't wait to ride Lisbeth to work tomorrow but I know I'll miss her all the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment