Thursday, April 11, 2013

No More Edge

I volunteered a couple of evenings for the all Ontario PeeWee Championship this week and I have to say that in the 3 or so years since I've watched the high level 11 and 12 year olds play things have definitely changed. I worked the penalty box, or more correctly I stood at the penalty box and watched the games. In three games I only had to open the gate five times. Not the peewee hockey I remember. No edge to the game, no big hits, no chippiness, no pushing in front of the net to protect the goalie. The little speedy guys dominate the game. The Mississauga team has about ten of them and when they start to cycle in the offensive end they're like a buzz saw. As an administrator I think it's great but it sure is boring to watch at times.

On the diet front I passed the 40 lbs. lost point earlier this week. Now if the snow would just go away...again. I think I can get to my goal of 64 lbs lost easily if I can ride it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment