Monday, February 25, 2013

Almost Halfway

My goal of dropping 64 pounds is approaching the halfway point, 31.8 so far. I promised the girls in the basement when I lost 30 pounds it would be time for a ride but it's a bit sloppy out there for their steel skin so walking will be my main mode of transport for a bit yet. I'm getting in three 25 minute walks every weekday so by the time I get home for supper I'm at about 150 calories net for the day, supper is pretty much whatever I want but I haven't gone overboard.

Eating out at a restaurant that doesn't have a well publicized menu, therefore not available on the Lose It app makes me guess a bit but I just break down the ingredients and dump them in. The bar scanner is accurate for just about anything you can buy in a grocery store. It's been 8 weeks and I think I will stick to this plan forever, just can't see skipping the few minutes it takes every day to monitor things. I have 17 weeks to get to 230 if I stick to the plan that aims for 2 pounds a week. I can't see the weight continue to drop at the rate it has but once I get back on two wheels who knows, riding at a moderate speed burns more than twice the calories of walking. And it's at least ten time the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment