Friday, December 21, 2012

Backup Issues Solved

Whenever a computer has a near death experience I'm always very careful about backing up and insuring I will be able to access all the pictures and music that I have. This time around I found the ultimate backup solution, the Lexar Echo MX.  It's a flash drive that comes in a variety of sizes (I grabbed a 64gb on sale at Future Shop) and has backup software on board. Simply plug it in, XP recognizes it, XP reboots and it's ready to backup. I'm using it to backup my external hardrive which stores my 29gb itunes music collection. The initial backup took less than an hour. I'm currently sorting pictures before adding them to the filters.Might seem like overkill as the external hardrive is almost exclusively used to store music but it has moving parts that will break at some point. I simply have too much time and $ invested to let it get turned into stray 1's and 0's. Most of the stuff I listen to is parked on other memory cards so I hope it is safe.
includes an 'always on' visible capacity meter













One of my New Year's Resolutions will be to blog daily in 2013, among other things. More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment