Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sorry Lance

I didn't believe it at first. I didn't want to believe it. But at some point the evidence was just overwhelming. I wasn't 'into' cycling when Lance was all the rage. When I started it was mountain bikes that I dreamed about not sub-15 pound road bikes. But as I go into it every bike was of interest and high tech steeds were something that began to catch my interest. Then while in Calgary I grabbed a book about Lance and his fight back from cancer and wins in the tour. Seeing as I was training to ride in support of cancer research he became someone to look up to. Surely if he could go through all that and then ride thousands of kilometers I could ride a couple of hundred.

I remember watching him ride to victory in the Leadville 100 'Race Across the Sky' and getting that tingle all over. I pulled for him during his comeback in the first tour d'France I'd ever really watched.

But the earth is not flat, gobal warming is real and Lance cheated. Sure it looks like everybody else did too but that doesn't change the fact. So today I said goodbye to the tattered first Livestrong hoodie I ever had. Not much of a big deal now.

No comments:

Post a Comment