Saturday, May 19, 2012

Project:Free Spirit 3-Speed

With my new glasses on, starting this project by taking pictures and disassembling the major components was a joy, exactly why I brought home Sal's dads old bike. Working on bikes is very relaxing for me. It's what I miss now that I'm not working at Petrie's or the old FCD reline shop. I've taken the handle bars off of Lisbeth about 4 times lately and ended up right where I began with the same setup but not even being annoyed. Being able to see helps the process so much, not having to guess 3 times for every nut, recognizing how something comes apart before damaging it.

Eventually this bike will go to the cook at Sal's place or his wife as they ride often but have just 1 set of wheels. It will take a bit of elbow grease but I can't wait to continue.










































No comments:

Post a Comment