Sunday, May 20, 2012

Define Senior Moment

A momentary loss of memory or cognitive power.

OR

2:00pm: light rain.
As I'm loading the groceries into the car I hear "Hi Jim, oh dear this is the other man in my life". Instantly five brain cells sizzle and explode as if tossed on the barbie

2:15pm: light rain.
I grab the three bags of groceries and bring them in the house. "Did you get everything" she asks. "Everything  but the....damn I must have left the two cases of pop in the bottom of the cart". She calls the store but no one has turned the pop in. Go to customer service and they will give you two more.

2:45pm standing in line at customer service
Apparently the recent lucky streak in Thunder Bay has everyone thinking they are next as they drop their hard earned pensions on billion to one odds to be the next  big winner. "Do you have wintario? " Just shoot me now.

2:50pm front of the line
Customer service says grab a couple more cases and bring them here for proof of purchase stickers. I say it's not the store's fault but she insists.

3:05pm third in line
"These potatoes came up wrong so they should be free". Off goes customer service to check. "No the price is correct". "Then I don't want them".

3:10pm heavy downpour
I finally escape the clutches of customer service and head to the car with my salvaged cases of pop. I open the hatch and am greeted by....two cases of pop. Mere words cannot describe my level of frustration, four letter words however did nicely.

3:12pm customer service
"Oh you are so honest!" Yes that's what I am, honest.

PS.
The other man in her life is the guy who delivers the linens every Thursday.
$4.99 for ten pounds was too much for my friend but you can get three baking potatoes pre-wrapped in 5 cents worth of foil for $1each, just in case you have lots of bucks or a foil phobia.

No comments:

Post a Comment