Friday, January 28, 2011

Hockey Nuts

This week has been an endless procession of stupidity in the hockey community. In Northwood we have a team  with the best goalie and marginal scoring power. The goalie can't play last weekend. The head coach show up 5 minutes before game time and scurries around trying to talk one of the goalies from the previous game to play even though he got the call 5 hours earlier. On Sunday he comes to the rink without securing a goalie again and this time his only choice is a young and far weaker netminder. He loses 10-2, the biggest blowout of the year but he can't figure out why I ask him if he has given up on his team. He whines about a disallowed goal. When you have about 7 more of those get back to me. All he had to do was call or email me and I would have found goalies for both games.

In Lakehead Minor a coach can walk all over every rule in the book and when we call him on it and we're too picky, he's just a volunteer. So far we're sticking to our guns, something LMHL has not been known for in the past. My gmail suspension folder is growing almost daily. Every single thing they are getting nailed for is in the 20 page constitution I sent to every team. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. But then we don't have to listen when they get dehydrated either.

On the work front we had our best week in the new building. I could actually say I was busy with orders and phone calls. The make-work projects were put on hold and parts started moving out the door. Lets just hope the trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment