Sunday, April 11, 2010

Buddy Guy is THE Man

I was looking forward to Jonny Lang in concert as I've been a fan since his first cd was released when he was a 15 year old blues guitar prodigy about 13 years ago. He started his set with my favourite song, a little known tune I've never heard on the radio. I have to say he's probably the best guitarist to ever hit the Community Auditorium stage.

That was until 74 year old Buddy Guy let loose with his searing first note, wow, what an entertainer. He had the crowd singing, clapping and thoroughly into his music. Not an easy thing to do in TBay. His band is incredibly  tight, you can't help but get drawn into the rhythm, especially the walking beats that thundered through the building. I'm going to dig out the one BG cd I have so 'Mustang' Sally and I can listen to it while we drive to Mom and Dad's tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for Buddy Guy Cd's, I have many. My personal favorite is Stone Crazy on Alligator Records.

    If you want to see the future of the blues, check out Nick Moss at the blues fest in july Sunday at noon. Or you can borrow my favorite CD of his, Play It Till Tomorrow a double disc that Blues Review called one of the most influential discs of the past decade (2000-2009).

    I could not see the show, was at the provincials watching my daughter sit on the bench. Worst $5400 I have ever spent!! :P

    ReplyDelete