Monday, December 15, 2008

New Rules

With the busy holiday season ongoing, drivers in T'Bay have adopted a whole new set of rules to help get the gifts under the tree. Most noticeable, the first 15 seconds of a red light no longer means stop. In that first few seconds when the light turns the color of Rudolph's nose, anyone making a left is ok to carry on. Whether you are in the intersection or not is now irrelevant. Christmas spirit takes on a whole new meaning as people carelessly steal time from other drivers.

A meeting of the Northwood coaches saw good discussion but a decisison to drop the remaining practices in favour of more games. I went with last year's survey which pointed to kids needing more practices. I redid the schedule during lunch on Wednesday and emailed everyone with the news. Replies came fast and furious, all in favour of the original schedule. Coaches have re-thought the move and all but 2 want the practices back. The 2 will get shceduled together so they can have scrimmages if they choose. They both have poor turnouts for their practices so maybe it's something to do with the practices or just the mix of parents. More games mean more time in the arena for me so I'm all for going back to the original plan, plus I think it was a step forward for a rec league.  

Tomorrow is our annual Christmas Skating party. I got my blades sharpened and have the 'jolly' uniform all ready to go. It should be a good time for the kids as the committe gathered lots of prizes, treats and 25 large pizzas were donated by a grandfather. I have to wrap up here so I can get the tunes ready.

I missed walking on Monday norning with all the snow but made the hike every other trip. I thought I would eventually have to stop because of cold but I don't think it will get much worse than the -38F day (windchill) so maybe I can go year round without using the car. 

Farzum and I talked about making one of the girls into a fixed gear today as we was doing the blades. He said I could try Nathan Petrie's ride out to get a feel for it. He wants the web site I started for them to develop so he can get rid of some of the odds they have from 75 years in business. Maybe I can get some bartering for parts going.

December miles
Riding 83 miles
Walking 50
12-20
Ethel:5 miles
Boots:2.5 miles
100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
12-19
Ethel:5 miles
Boots:3.5
100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
12-18
Boots:3.5 miles
100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
12-17
Ethel:5 miles
Boots:3.5 miles
100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
12-16
Boots:3.5 miles
100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
12-15
Ethel:6 miles
Boots:1.75 miles
100 push-ups
100 sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment