Friday, December 5, 2008

My Cold Weather Hero


Sitting on Ginko was a bit of a downer, he was asleep for the night before I even left the house to walk there.  The football game was not worth watching and the hockey game was over for me after the Canadiens did their pre-game history lesson. Listening to Jean Beliveau talk about the good old days whe the Habs ruled the NHL roost was interesting. He made $100, 000 for 5 seasons, total, and won something like 10 cups. Eric Staal's contract works out to that much per game.

The pic above is Jill Homer, my cold weather hero. She's getting ready to ride Iditabike again, 350 miles across Alaska. Her post today discusses her cold weather gear, items she will be using again and those she is looking to replace. Love her bike, a Surley Pugsley. Her exploits and achievements are the reason behind my naming my Lapierre bike Jill. Check out her blog for some great writing and pix of Alaska.

Next week starts 100 push-ups and sit-ups a day. I was going to ride on Saturday but it snowed just enough to make me decide against it. I'm going to take Ethel's massive seat post to work with me and try and fix a normal one to it so I can put on a decent saddle. Riding her is only painful because the saddle is uncomfortable, like sitting on a wooden barstool for a long time, it cuts off the circulation.  
 
December miles
riding 32 miles
walking 16.5 miles
12-07
boots:1.5 miles
12-06
Ethel:3 miles
boots:3.5 miles
90 push-ups
90 sit-ups
12-05
Ethel:3 miles
boots:3.5 miles
90 push-ups
90 sit-ups
12-04
boots:4.5 miles
90 push-ups
90 sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment