Saturday, September 26, 2020

Bike Project 920 (Lael 1x10).1

First step was some research on the Microshift Advent system, a very affordable drivetrain option. That done and the decision to run 1x10 Advent X made, I stopped in the basement while doing laundry to check out the crankset on a parts bike sitting in a corner to see if it could be disassembled and reconfigured into a single ring crank for the project. 

Next job was to remove the square taper crank from the frame which requires a crank puller and some muscle. I have a puller but haven't used it in 5 years. All the lessons Farzam taught me continue to come into play when I work on old bikes. The crank came off with little trouble. I removed the pedals and the big chain ring and then tested the 39 tooth small ring in the outside position. It's not new or shiny (yet) but it should do the job.   

No comments:

Post a Comment