Saturday, June 9, 2018

Changes

Changes, there have been a few since I last dropped any words into this blog. In truth a lot of them. There was no time to wait for a dream job to come along. I was lucky to get on board with the biggest and most aggressive parts store when they weren't hiring. A complete dizzying 180 spin from what I experienced for 38 years but after 7 months I'm starting to get comfortable. More customers, more product lines, more co-workers, more of everything. Some days it was all too much but things are getting better.

Sleep has been a precious commodity for those 7 months. I still wake up very early and start thinking and worrying about a variety of things. Some of that is work related, more of it is worrying about the future. Retirement would be great in another 5 years but I just don't think it will be possible. Time will tell I guess.

An old friend told me working with a young crew would make me feel younger and I do...until I get home and start napping at 7pm. Getting back on a bike after 5 plus months with maybe two rides has been a joy. I was sure it would hurt a lot more and that maybe I had lost the drive to get up at 6 and then ride to work but once I got started it was all good. I feel more normal now, the long cool ride in is a pleasure and the ride home is a good time to unwind.

After resigning from scheduling for Lakehead Minor at the end of the season I decided to finish my term, one more year. I was unsharing spreadsheets, started tinkering with them and realized I had created some fairly sophisticated scheduling schemes and didn't want to stop learning and applying. I haven't totally given up trying to find more work with the expanding knowledge.

Parents are already starting to call for registration into Northwood. I'm trying to lay low and hold off until the already announced opening of another season in mid July. We have one more season with our current format and then the new half ice policy will be adopted or we will have to leave the Hockey Canada umbrella.

Not travelling to Calgary has been hard. Good old facebook sends those near daily reminders of pictures posted from the trips of the last 6 years and they are nice to see, but I don't need the constant reminder. Videos of Cullen playing baseball have been fun but we would be there if not for all the changes. Man can he smack that ball around.

click for a hit

Thunder Bay probably did the right thing by not voting PC. Right as long as they didn't win that is. Why does it feel like we are infected by the Trump virus.

RIP Anthony Bourdain, will miss his shows a great deal.

New music this week, Dave Matthews Band - Come Tomorrow. First listen as I write this and I'm really liking what I hear so far.

That's it for now. No promises but I hope to be adding more words soon.
Dodger Cullen Kresack


 















Reluctant Dodger fan Campbell 

No comments:

Post a Comment