Monday, November 2, 2015

We're Going to the Show

I'm finally going to get to see the Marinoni movie, Fire in the Frame. The director emailed me in September asking if I could scout out a location to screen his film in Thunder Bay. I talked to one person I know in that field and then the Bay Street Film Festival. They only offered one date and that didn't work with the western swing he was planning. He is currently in BC so although we won't hear from him the film will be shown on Thursday. He normally is on hand and does a Q and A after the screening. The film has won several awards and has been shown all over Canada with rave reviews.

I was reading last night and stumbled across the date on Twitter. I sent the president an angry 'thanks for letting me know' email. He responded with an apology this morning and we smoothed things over. I was asked to bring Sophia and Tom at Petries is sponsoring the event so it should be a fun evening

No comments:

Post a Comment