Tuesday, March 5, 2013

First Ride

After a weekend of playoffs and fighting with a stubborn bios password in the computer which was holding up a small upgrade, I finally made it to the basement last night.  The weather is warm enough, the streets are dry enough so I pumped the tires, lubed the chain, set the tension and charged the battery for the lights. Eyowen was ready to roll this morning and so was I. 

I managed to leave early enough to get in a 'long way to work ride' of just under 6km, then home and back at lunch for another 9km. I should get to 20km for the day as long as the snow holds off. My butt is feeling the effects of walking rather than riding but the only thing I miss about walking is the chance to listen to tunes. The SIII has more than 200 complete albums stored on it and room for at least 100 more. 

The fight with the computer was worth it. A solid state drive is amazingly fast. I probably went too big since most of what I work on is stored in the cloud these days but at least I won't have to fight my way through it again. I swear Dell set the bios password when I let them in remotely to fix the registry a year ago or so. I've never set one and all the factory defaults are for the bios to be unlocked. The rep on the phone was upset that I didn't want the $200 warranty and I'm guessing he made sure I'd be calling again if anything went wrong or I tried to update anything. Sorry pal, I found the way around it.  

Ginko R. Kendall, goalie for a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment