Thursday, June 7, 2012

Elbow River Trail Redo

On Sunday Mike had a tennis game at the exclusive Glencoe Club so I put the Gary Fisher on the bike rack and went along. The club was a block from the Elbow River trail that had given us so much trouble two years ago. Armed with gps and the bike path layer on google maps I headed for downtown.

Minutes later I had to stop as the bike path ended at an intersection. A quick check on the map told me to just go up 1 block on the dead end street and the path continued. 

The rest of the ride was pretty straight forward except for a few detours and 30 minutes later I was rolling downtown. Next problem was the MS walk that was ongoing. I just couldn't find an easy way around the joggers, serious runners and family groups dominating the pathways. I crossed the Bow on the new Peace bridge but just found more of the same. A few more bridges and I got far enough from the route to ride comfortably without weaving through pedestrian traffic. In no time I was headed for the Elbow Trail and back to meet Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment