Saturday, February 25, 2012

First Goal

The Ginko scored his first career goal this afternoon, a game winner in the third period to boot. The puck was turned over near centre ice and dumped into the opposition's end and he chased after it, picked it up near the boards at about the top of the faceoff circle. Then he turned and headed straight to the net, patiently held off his shot until the goalie thought he was going across the front of the net and then shot it low to the glove side. Well that's what I saw, he may simply have shot it blindly but I'm sticking to my version of the story. Nice one, have to order his trophy now.

Just when I thought it was a good day at the rink I got home to a multi-page e-mail complaining about what a coach said in the dressing room after a loss. Oh well can't spoil this one. Made a call to the coach and then this post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment