Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Friend Apnea

He's never far way, and over the course of the last month or so he's been climbing on my back. It took me about 12 pounds to realize that something was wrong. I didn't have any energy, didn't really feel like riding or walking or doing anything. I've been looking for things to do and then not wanting to do them once found. I've been dozing alot more in the evenings. Last night I tightened up my mask and I think that may have cured the energy drain as I felt much more with it today (it's 1am as I write this and I got up at 6:15am). A leaking mask causes me to have smaller apnea episodes and it used to drive me crazy to have the pressurized air sneaking between my face and the mask seal. I guess I've gotten used to it and can sleep (poorly) right through it. Now if I can stay out of the fridge and the Christmas goodies maybe I can get myself back on track. I'd love to go for a ride on Molly right now. I have the desire and the energy just not the guts to ride skinny tires on ice and snow, especially at 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment