Tuesday, April 29, 2008

HA HA

Mother Nature sure has a mean sense of humour. I just did a ride to Kakabeka Falls and fought a headwind all the way out. It took me 1 hour and 43 minutes to get there. I thought about turning off a few times but decided I wanted to see the falls. As I crossed the outskirts of downtown Kakabeka Falls, it stated snailing. Snow and or hail. I pulled off and planned to stop for a second to empty the last of my water bottle, forgot to unclip and fell over. I quickly jumped up jumped back on and zipped out of town. I never did get to see the falls.
As I passed the 20th Side Road on my way back the wind turned 180 degrees and was now in my face again, right off the lake. The temperature must have dropped about 10 degrees. I haven't been colder on a ride even in January. I plugged along and completed the 37.4 mile round trip in 3 hours and 5 minutes. The wind on my back made for a great ride into town, at least until Momma Nature decided I had had enough fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment