Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Relax, Your Memory Is Fine

Dave was asking me about 'that show in Vegas with the old TBird', the name was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't get it before I googled Robert B. Parker, the author who wrote the books that the tv show was based on. I remembered the author but not the show. I told Dave it's not the memory that gets bad, it gets full. There are just too many things in there to pull out the info as quickly, like a hard drive that is near full. It can't find the program you want as fast as it did when it was new because there's more to sift through.
So if things are not coming to you as fast as they once did it's not because your memory is getting bad, it's just that you have so much knowledge up there it takes a while to find the piece you want. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment