Friday, February 6, 2015

Blue Morning

I woke up a few minutes later than normal, right out of a dream. I don't remember what was playing in my head but the blue mood carried over. I felt down as I went through my morning routine, not even knowing why. As I walked to work the mood evaporated.

I've been dreaming more and more lately proving that the cpap machine is still working but little else. I still feel like there's some 'big' thing I should be doing or creating. Anyone up for a ride across Canada?

Today will be a rest day from the trainer, my last two 12km sessions dragged on and on. I have 60 km this month already but am looking forward to that kind of ride less and less. It would be a treat to get outside. I committed to Winter Bike To Work next Friday (the 13th, good thing I'm not superstitious) so hopefully the weather will cooperate.

It's back to the rink again this weekend. The breaks are nice but the weekends where I'm at the rink for 8 hours at this time in the year are getting old. While the executive gears up for another expansion, I've been giving more thought to scaling back to 6 teams. Far less stress over the unknowns and it allows us to offer more.

Losing weight is still a mystery and always will be. I do exactly the same thing 5 days in a row, walk 4 km, ride 12 and eat less than my daily allowed calories. For the first two days I drop a pound and a half, and then gain two over the next day. It's like watching a stock price with about as many factors causing the changes. It gets very discouraging.




No comments:

Post a Comment