Friday, September 13, 2013

Nothing Better

With meetings, drafts, on ice hockey starting and a wet start to the week my mileage is down. Monday and Tuesday saw a meager 10km but I've managed to add 70km in the last two days and it looks good today. After the AA draft on Monday I picked up a Minoura trainer from a Kijiji posting. Brand new other than about ten minutes use it will make the winter go by as I can attach it to most of the bikes and ride in front of a book or tv. Walking just isn't going to cut it and I don't want to give up my legs.

I have fallen in love with road bikes. Riding Bonnie is just about as much fun as I can have. She flies, even up hills. There's nothing better than putting my hands 'in the drops' and descending a hill or taking a corner. With the worst of my excess weight gone I can actually get low and pedal. I think next year I am going to join the cycling club and try some racing to see if I'm as fast as I feel. Yes they do have an old guys bracket.

Northwood registration is down for the first time in years. We're still looking for a dozen kids to fill the teams. Not sure where this came from. I advertised this year but maybe word is out we fill up fast and people are not even trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment