Monday, May 16, 2011

Trolling for a Name

Still no name, can't pick one where it might come back to haunt me, cause no one wants to be a surly troll. The Surly is to Ford as the Troll is to Mustang. Surly is actually located in Bloomington MN so I might just stop in at Surly HQ some day. But really just look at her. Isn't she a thing of beauty, in an odd sort of female shot-putter sort of way.
The ride is pretty smooth. I love the feel of a steel frame and big tires. One of the kids working at Petries Sunday morning was bugging me about all the high end components I should put on to save weight. I said when I lose 100 pounds I'll look for a lighter bike. We put on some carbon spacer rings on the top of the fork just for him. Shaved off at least a gram. He thought the frame was cool so I guess it's not just an old guy thing. There's not another one in Thunder Bay and no official dealer, maybe I'll start a new trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment